Sunday, August 19, 2007

BARBEQUE SUPRISE



We're going to a barbecue they said, that's good I thought - plenty of grub slipped under the table to a small, appealing, hungry poodle. What a shock - when I got there the biggest dog I've ever met (more of a pony really) was already on station. In fact I suspect he had been there some time considering how big he was. It made me a bit nervous to start with I can tell you. However after a while I realised that he was pretty laid back and not really interested in snacking on me.

I had a great time, a bit of steak here a bit of sausage there - the humans got a bit out of hand, a lot of singing, giggling and passing round of silly hats, no harm in it really if it keeps them happy.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Cashew said...

Hey Charlie,

Mmm, steak, I have dreams about steak.

I met a HUGE dog the other day too. I thought he was a horse (although I've never seen a horse, I imagined that's what one would look like). Surprise of all surprises, he was a dog - a Great Dane. Didn't notice anything great about him. He slobbered all over the place and he shed! Mom said not to worry, we'll never have a slobbering, shedding dog!

Licks!
Cashew

T-man said...

Hey Charlie,
Are you my relative?? We look so much alike!! I'm a rescue poodle too. I'm glad to have found the blog of such a handsome looking dog :)

T-man

Pacco de Mongrel said...

hope u had a great time @ d BBQ pawty...n eat lotsa yummy food

Gus said...

Charlie: Muzzer says you are so clever to have seen the resemblance to Pooh! Not intentional, but there nonetheless. She is a pooh addict, and even has Pooh books in Latin! (and other languages considerably more vital!)

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :-)

Love
Opy

Sparky said...

I hope you had a fantastic time at the BBQ! Did you get lots of good food?

Sparky

Turbo the Sibe said...

Humans are strange with the things they like!

Daisy & Waverly said...

Hello Charlie! Thank you for visiting our site and for composing such a cute poem for us =) We read your blog voraciously today and absolutely love it! Please post updates soon and let us know if it's ok that we add you as a friend at our site.

Cheers,
Daisy & Waverly

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Charlie,

We love our bar b q's here in Oz!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come back and sign my guest book.

xxx Asta down under

Lacy said...

woofies charlie!!! nice to meet u...lookies like u restin pretty good in that picie....

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Lacy said...

oops ps, to my last comment, that not u, u the cute little poodle, playin on the computer...oops i did it again u a guy dog.. ur a handsome poodle there...heehee....

;)lacylulu